Guidelines for Use and Distribution of Copyrighted WRAP Materials
Wellness Recovery Action Plan® and WRAP® are registered trademarks. The books, software, videos, audio CDs, and other WRAP materials are protected by copyright. All rights are reserved by the copyright holder, Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
Any copying, translation, modification, or inclusion in other materials for distribution must be approved in advance, in writing.
Contact us before you begin any project which includes copying, excerpting, revising, modifying, or translating Mental Health Recovery and WRAP® resources. Email or mail a detailed description of what you propose doing, who will receive the materials, how much you will charge for them, how many copies you intend to produce, and where they will be distributed. If your request is granted, you will be required to submit a detailed report updating these elements each year. Contact information appears at the bottom of this page.
- There are clear guidelines in the front of the Facilitator Manual that describe what parts of the manual can be copied and given out to group, workshop, and seminar participants. You can copy and give out the handouts in Section 3 and the transparency thumbnail sketches in Section 2. You cannot copy and distribute Section 1 except for pages that are clearly forms to be filled out by facilitators.
- All copies of handouts, thumbnail sketches and forms need to be clearly attributed as follows:
Contents Copyright © 1995-2018 Advocates for Human Potential, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Wellness Recovery Action Plan® and WRAP® are registered trademarks.
- You cannot take portions of the Facilitator Manual, even the handouts and thumbnail sketches, or any other resources developed by Mary Ellen Copeland and copyrighted by Advocates for Human Potential, Inc., and include it in another manual or materials you develop for distribution within your agency or outside of your agency without written permission from Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
- You cannot copy any of the books or resources developed by Mary Ellen Copeland and copyrighted by Advocates for Human Potential, Inc., without written permission. You cannot copy more than three pages of any of these books for distribution to groups without written permission from Advocates for Human Potential, Inc. If pages are clearly forms to be filled out, they can be copied and distributed if they include the attribution information in #2 above.
- You cannot put copies of copyright-protected resources on the web without written permission from Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
- You cannot purchase copies of these materials and then sell them or distribute them for free on the web without written permission from Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
- You need written permission from Advocates for Human Potential, Inc., before translating for distribution any of the copyrighted resources by Mary Ellen Copeland.
- The names Wellness Recovery Action Plan® and WRAP® are trademarked and cannot be used to describe any other plan or piece of work other than the plan described in the book Wellness Recovery Action Plan (M. Copeland, Peach Press, Dummerston, VT 2002) and other books authored and published by Mary Ellen Copeland and copyright protected by Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
- The Wellness Recovery Action Plan® is, as described in the resources Mary Ellen developed, a set format that includes a listing of Wellness Tools, a Daily Plan (formerly Daily Maintenance Plan), Stressors (formerly Triggers) and an Action Plan, Early Warning Signs and an Action Plan, When Things are Breaking Down and an Action Plan, a specific Crisis Plan , and a Post-Crisis Plan. If you remove parts of this plan or change the order of the parts, it can no longer be called WRAP®. However, it is not legal to change WRAP® so that it is still recognizable as WRAP® and then call it something else.
Again, if you have any question about use of the mental health recovery and WRAP® materials developed by Mary Ellen Copeland and copyrighted by Advocates for Human Potential, Inc., contact us directly. The best way is by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, but you may write a letter and mail it to:
WRAP and Recovery Books
Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
490-B Boston Post Rd.
Sudbury, MA 01776